- 4 slice(s) (or up to 6 slices) thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 pound(s) collard greens, stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 12 ounce(s) Brussels sprouts, shaved or sliced paper-thin
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine collard greens, Brussels sprouts, Parmesan, and reserved bacon. Toss with mustard vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- To make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sherry vinegar, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste.